19 Hitting Leagueg League Layout:
– Six sock nets will need to be set up and arranged around the batting cage in the balcony.
– No team will start in the batting cage.
– The batting cage will be divided into two sections.
– One coach will throw in each section of the cage.
Hitting League Rules:
– There will be 5 teams in the Hitting League.
– The number of players per team will be determined by how many players we have.
– All Hitting League participants must wear their Hitting League t-shirt to every session. If a player does not wear his Hitting League t-shirt to a session, he will be allowed to participate in the session, but his score will not count.
– There will be no additions to a team’s roster after the second Hitting League session.
Hitting League Format:
– There will be a different hitting situation for each session.
– Each player will attempt three bunts; one to 1B line, one to 3B line, and one for a hit.
– Each player will get 15 consecutive swings.
Hitting League Sessions:
12-3 Line Drive (Team Black)
12-10 L Screen (Team Camo)
12-17 Oppo (Team Gray)
1-7 Skip (Team White)
1-21 Pirate Back Eye (Team Red)
1-23 L Screen (Team Black)
1-30 Oppo (Team Camo)
2-4 Pirate Front Eye (Team Gray)
2-6 Skip L Screen (Team White)
2-11 Line Drive (Team Red)
2-13 Skip Oppo (Team Black)
2-20 L Screen (Team Camo)
2-27 Pirate Front Eye Skip (Team Gray)
– For each successful bunt, the player will receive 1 point.
– For each successful swing, the player will receive 1 point.
– The maximum # of points a player can earn is 18 during one session.
– In the event of two or more players with identical scores after one session, there will be a “hit-off” to determine the session winner.
– Hitting League “Session Champion” will be awarded to the individual winners of each session after all sessions have been completed.
– Each team will compile points based on the following:
– +1 point if every member of the team is present for that particular session.
– winning team will be determined by adding all successful bunt & swings of each team member & dividing by the total # of players on that team.
– +5 points for the winning team; +4 points for the second place team; +3 points for the third place team; +2 points for the fourth place team.
– the maximum # of points a team can earn is 6 during one session.
– Hitting League “Team Champions” will be awarded to the team with the most points after all sessions have been completed.